About Me

My photo
Native Californian, biologist, wildlife conservation consultant, retired Smithsonian scientist, father of two daughters, grandfather of 4 small primates. INTJ. Believes nature is infinitely more interesting than shopping malls. Born 100 years too late.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Nature recharges my battery without fail


[Owling in '64]

At the instigation of Jochen at Bell Tower Birding, Owlman at Owlbox done tagged me.

Hey, what's happening?

Okay. The meme in the title of this post is a statement in six words about "my birder within". IOW, 6 words that describe me as a birder (kind of)! That was the assignment. I offer the archival photos only as supportive evidence because there is no mention of birds in my six words.



It could as easily have been "fur and feathers light my fire". (And that's about all that does these days -- LOL). Or "Raptors and Sousa stir my soul". Or "Birding is my kind of escapism". Or "I did my masters on shrikes". Yada, yada, yada . . . .

To keep this thing going I am tagging five other unsuspecting birdfriendly 'bloggas': Mr Smiley, Beverly, Terry, John, and Schmokin' Bill.

Here are the rules (copied from the original blogger who started this):

1. Write your own six word memoir
2. Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you’d like
3. Link to the person that tagged you in your post and to this original post if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogosphere
4. Tag five more blogs with links
5. And don’t forget to leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play!

If you all respond Jochen ought to be mighty pleased, and quaff a few extra beers at the corner Kneipe.



Now go do the right thang!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celular, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-celular-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Owlman said...

Good job Codger. You actually came up with several amusing ones. Personally I would have gone with "fur and feathers light my fire" - that cracked me up!

Owlman said...

You caught my interest with those photos of you with the Barn Owl and Screech. I remember that youthful face back at S.F.State.
I recall that Tenaza had a imprinted Shrike back in the 60's but didn't know that you were into owls. I will have to copy some of my old slides including one with two fledgling Barn owls on my shoulder.

Camera Trap Codger said...

Yes, if it crept, crawled, climbed or flew I was into it. Still am. It's incurable.

Stacey Olson said...

Interesting site, thanks for all the usefull info.. I will be reading on.. I also have a passion for birds that unexpectedly came out of nowhere.Thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

Can anyone recommend the well-priced Managed Service tool for a small IT service company like mine? Does anyone use Kaseya.com or GFI.com? How do they compare to these guys I found recently: [url=http://www.n-able.com] N-able N-central system monitoring
[/url] ? What is your best take in cost vs performance among those three? I need a good advice please... Thanks in advance!